Volume 6, no. 1Pages 85 - 97
Diffraction of Wave Processes in Gas-Particles MixA.V. Fedorov
The paper presents a review of the numerical investigations on the interaction of shock waves and heterogeneous detonation Chapman - Jouguet and cellular detonation in a mixture of oxygen and aluminum particles, made mainly at ITAM SD RAS. The analytical criteria for conversion of regular types of reflection of shock waves into irregular (Mach reflection) were presented for inert mixtures. The transition of detonation flows from the narrow part of the channel in the unlimited space in the transverse direction, as well as to the channel with a large but finite width were considered. Three types of flow: - Subcritical (break detonation) - Critical (failure with subsequent reinitiation) and - Supercritical (continuous propagation of detonation) were determined. The chart of the flow fields, determining the appropriate type of detonation, was constructed in the plane (the radius of the particles - the width of the narrow part of the channel). Full text
- a mixture of gas and solid particles, the heterogeneous detonation, numerical simulation.
- 1. Bazhenova T.A., Gvozdeva L.G. Unsteady Shock Wave Interaction. Мoscow, Nauka, 1977. 206 p.
2. Golub V.V., Bazhenova T.V. Pulsed Supersonic Jet Streams. Мoscow, Nauka, 2008. 279 p. (in Russian)
3. Arutyunyan G.M., Karchevskiy L.V. Reflected Shock Waves. Moscow, Mashgiz, 1973. 376 p. (in Russian)
4. Kutushev A.G., Shorohova L.V. Numerical Investigation of Burning and Detonation of Monofuel Mixtures Suspensions in Sharply Extended Tubes. G.D. Roy, S.M. Frolov, R.J. Santoro, S.A. Tsyganov (eds) Advances in Confined Detonations, Moscow, TORUS PRESS Ltd, 2002, pp. 161-166.
5. Kutushev, A.G., Shorokhova L.V. Numerical Study of Combustion and Detonation Air-Suspensions Monopropellant in Rezkorasshiryayuschihsya Pipes. Russian J. of Physical Chemistry B, 2003, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 94-99. (in Russian)
6. Kapila A.K., Schwendeman D.W., Bdzil J.B., Henshaw W.D. A Study of Detonation Diffraction in the Ignition-and-Growth Model. Combust. Theory and Modeling, 2007, no. 11, pp. 781-822.
7. Wang B.Y., Wu Q.S., Wang C. Shock Wave Diffraction by a Square Cavity Filled with Dusty Gas. Shock Waves, 2001, vol. 11, pp. 7-14.
8. Fedorov A.V., Fedorova N.N., Fedorchenko I.A., Fomin V.M. Mathematical Modeling of Dust Rise from the Surface. J. of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics, 2002, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 113-125. (in Russian)
9. Fedorov A.V., Kharlamova Yu.V., Khmel T.A. Reflection of a Shock Wave in a Dusty Cloud. Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves, 2007, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 104-113.
10. Fedorov A.V., Kratova Yu.V., Khmel T.A. Numerical Study of Shock-Wave Diffraction in Variable-Section Channels in Gas Suspensions. Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves, 2008, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 76-85.
11. Fedorov A.V., Tetenov E.V., Veyssiere B. Ignition of a Suspension of Metal Particles with an Actual Explosion. II. Unidimensional Nonsteady-State Approximation. Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves, 1991, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 532-538.
12. Kratova Yu.V., Fedorov A.V., Khmel T.A. Diffraction of a Plane Detonation Wave on a Back-Facing Step in a Gas Suspension. Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves, 2009, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 591-602.
13. Khmel T.A. Modeling of Heterogeneous Detonation of Gas Mixtures with Incomplete combustion Particles: dis. Dr. Sciences. Novosibirsk, 2011. 318 p. (in Russian)
14. Kratova Yu.V., Fedorov A.V., Khmel' T.A. Propagation of Detonation Waves in Gas Suspensions in Channels with a Backward-Facing Step. Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves, 2011, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 70-80.
15. Hemeryck L., Lefebre M.N., Van Tiggelen P.J. Numerical Investigation of Transient Detonation Waves. High-Speed Deflagration and Detonation. Fundamental and Control: G. Roy et al. Moscow, ELEX-KM Publishers, 2001, pp. 81-96.
16. Benkiewicz K., Hayashi A.K. Two-Dimensional Numerical Simulations of Multi-Headed Detonations in Oxygen-Aluminum Mixtures Using an Adaptive Mesh Refinement. Shock Waves, 2003, vol. 13, pp. 385-402.
17. Fedorov A.V., Khmel T.A., Kratova Yu.V. Cellular Detonation Diffraction in Gas-Particle Mixtures. Shock Waves, 2010, vol. 20, pp. 509-519.