Volume 6, no. 3Pages 85 - 94
On Error Estimate of an Approximate Method to Solve an Inverse Problem for a Semi-Linear Differential EquationE.V. Tabarintseva
An inverse problem for a semi-linear differential-operator equation in a Hilbert space is considered in the paper. The projection regularization method is used to get a stable approximate solution to the nonlinear ill-posed problem. The regularization parameter is chosen referring to the Lavrentev scheme. A sharp error estimate of the considered method on a correctness class defined by means of a nonlinear operator is obtained. The value of the continuity module for the corresponding problem on the correctness classes plays an important role in the investigation of the methods for the solution of ill-posed problems in order to state their optimality. The linear operators are used, as a rule, to define the correctness classes. The two-sided estimate of the continuity module for the nonlinear inverse problem on the correctness class defined by a nonlinear operator is obtained in the present work. The obtained estimate of the continuity module is used to prove the order-optimality of the projection regularization method on the analyzed correctness class. Full text
- inverse problem; a method of approximate solution; continuity module; error estimate; semilinear rquation.
- 1. Menikhes L.D. Regularizability of Some Classes of Mappings that are Inverses of Integral Operators. Mathematical Notes, 1999, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 181-187.
2. Menikhes L.D. On a Sufficient Condition for Regularizability of Linear Inverse Problems. Mathematical Notes, 2007, vol. 82, no. 1-2, pp. 242-246.
3. Ivanov V.K., Korolyuk T.I. Error Estimates for Solutions of Incorrectly Posed Linear Problems. USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 1969, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 35-49.
4. Tanana V.P. Methods for Solution of Nonlinear Operator Equations. Utrecht, VSP, 1997.
5. Vasin V.V., Ageev A.L. Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems with a Priori Information. Utrecht, VSP, 1995.
6. Henry D. Geometric Theory of Semi-Linear Parabolic Equations. Berlin, Springer, 1981.
7. Tabarintseva E.V. On an Estimate for the Modulus of Continuity of a Nonlinear Inverse Problem. Trudy Instituta Matematiki i Mekhaniki UrO RAN [Proceedings of the Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics], 2013, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 253-257. (in Russian)
8. Tanana V.P., Tabarintseva E.V. On an Approximation Method of a Discontinuous Solution of an Ill-Posed Problem. Sibsrskiy zhurnal industrial'noy matematiki [Journal of Applied and Industrial Mathematics], 2005, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 129-142. (in Russian)
9. Tabarintseva E.V. On Error Estimation for the Quasi-Inversion Method for Solving a Semi-Linear Ill-Posed Problem. Sibirskiy zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki [Numerical Analysis and Applications], 2005, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 259-271. (in Russian)
10. Tanana V.P., Tabarintseva E.V. On a method to approximate discontinuous solutions of nonlinear inverse problems. Sibirskiy zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki [Numerical Analysis and Applications], 2007, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 221-228. (in Russian)