Volume 6, no. 3Pages 112 - 124
Numerical Simulation for Solving an Inverse Boundary Heat Conduction ProblemN.M. Yaparova
This paper proposes different approaches that help to find numerical solution to the boundary problem for heat equation. The Laplace and Fourier transforms are the basis for these approaches. The application of the Laplace transform allowed us to obtain an operator equation which connected the unknown function at one boundary with the initial data on the other boundary. The approach based on the Fourier transform for a time variable enables us to get a stable solution for the inverse problem of heat diagnostics. The obtained results are used for devising numerical methods. Comparative computational analysis of these approaches shows the limits of applications and effectiveness of each numerical method. Full text
- boundary value problems for heat equation, regularization methods, the Laplace transform, Fourier transform, method of projective regularization.
- 1. Jonas P., Louis A.K. Approximate Inverse for a One-Dimensional Inverse Heat Conduction Problem. Inverse Problems, 2000, vol. 16, pp. 175-185.
2. Prud'homme M., Hguyen T.H. Fourier Analysis of Conjugate Gradient Method Applied to Inverse Heat Conduction Problems. International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 1999, vol. 42, pp. 4447-4460.
3. Kolodziej J., Mierzwiczak M., Cialkowski M. Application of the Method of Fundamental Solutions and Radial Basis Functions for Inverse Heat Source Problem in Case of Steady-State. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2010, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 121-124.
4. Monde M., Arima H., Liu W., Mitutake Y., Hammad J.A. An Analytical Solution for Two-Dimensional Inverse Heat Conduction Problems Using Laplace Transform. International J. of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2003, vol. 46, pp. 2135-2148.
5. Doetsch G. Anleitung zum praktischen gebrauch der Laplace-transformation und der Z-transformation. R. Oldenbourg, 1961. 256 p.
6. Yaparova N.M. Different Approaches to Solve Inverse Bonduary Value Problems of Thermal Diagnostics. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series 'Mathematics. Mechanics. Physics', 2012, vol. 34, pp. 60-67. (in Rusian)
7. Lavrentiev M.M., Romanov V.G., Shishatskii S.P. Nekorrektnye zadachi matematicheskoy fiziki i analiza [Ill-Posed Problems of Mathematical Physics and Analysis]. Moscow, Nauka, 1980. 287 p.
8. Menikhes L.D., Tanana V.P. The Finite Dimensional Approximation for the Lavrentiev Method. Sibirskiy zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki [Numerical Analysis and Applications], Novosibirsk, 1998, vol. 1, no.1, pp. 416-423. (in Russian)
9. Tanana V.P., Yaparova N.M. The Optimum in Order Method of Solving Conditionally- Correct Problems. Sibirskiy zhurnal vychislitel'noy matematiki [Numerical Analysis and Applications], Novosibirsk, 2006, vol. 9, issue 4, pp. 301-316. (in Russian)
10. Solodusha S.V. Automatic Control Systems Modeling by Volterra Polynomials. Modeling and Analysis of Information System, 2012, vol. 19, issue 1, pp. 60-68. (in Russian)