Volume 6, no. 3Pages 130 - 135
Mathematical Modelling of the Adiabatic Thermal Explosion for the Hydrogen Oxidation ReactionE.E. Pigasov, V.K. Ryabinin, Y.M. Kovalev
This paper presents the results of mathematical modelling of the adiabatic reactor filled with a gas mixture of hydrogen and air. Despite the fact that the reaction of oxidation (combustion) of hydrogen is widely used for practical purposes, and there are a lot of publications, the development of kinetic schemes of hydrogen combustion is relevant at the present time. Various kinetic schemes of hydrogen combustion were tested and we have come to the conclusion that the most accurate description of the experimental data can be obtained using the complete oxidation kinetics. It is shown that the use of the reduced oxidation kinetics is relevant to describe the high-temperature asymptote, while the simplification of the mechanism to a brutto-reaction is suitable only for rough estimates. Full text
- hydrogen, chemical kinetics, combustion and explosion, the induction period.
- 1. Bode Shrestha S.O., Karim G.A. Hydrogen as an Additive to Methane for Spark Ignition Engine Applications. tIntern. J. of Hydrogen Energy, 1994, vol. 24, № 5, pp. 521-586.
2. Gelfand B.E., Popov O.E. Vodorod: Parametri Goreniya i Vzriva [Hydrogen: the Parameters of Combustion and Explosion]. Moscow, FIZMATLIT, 2008.
3. Ryabinin V.K., Kovalev Y.M. Mathematical Modeling Adiabatic Induction Period for Oxygen-Methane Mixtures in a Wide Range of Initial Temperatures and Pressures [Matematicheskoye modelirovaniye adiabaticheskogo perioda induktsii dlya metan-kiclorodnih smesey v shirokom diapazone nachalnih davleniy i temperatur]. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming & Computer software, 2013, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 56-71.
4. Varnats Y., Mass U., Dibbl R. Goreniye. Fizicheskiye i himicheskiye aspekti, modelirovaniye, eksperimenty, obrazovanie zagryaznyayuschih veschestv [Combustion. Physical and Chemical Aspects, Modeling, Experimentation, Creation of Pollutants]. Moscow, FIZMATLIT, 2003.
5. Babushok V.I., Dakdancha A.N. Global Kinetic Parameters for High-Temperature Gas-Phase Reactions [Globalniye kineticheskiye parametry dlya visokotemperaturnih gazofaznih reakciy]. Combustion, Explosion, and Shock Waves, 1993, no. 4, pp. 48-80.
6. Babushok V.I., Dakdancha A.N. Testoviya primery modelirovaniya kinetiki sloznih reakciy [Test Examples of Modeling the Kinetics of Complex Reactions]. Krasnoyarsk, 1990.
7. Maksimov E.I., Merzanov A.G. Physical Simulation of Chemical Processes in the Reactor of Ideal Mixing [Fizicheskoe modelirovaniye himicheskih processov v reaktore idealnogo peremeshivaniya]. DAS USSR, 1975, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 402-405.
8. Dimitrov V.I. Prostaya kinetika [Simple Kinetics]. Novosibirsk, 1982.
9. Mullins B.P. Studies of the Spontaneous Ignition of Fuels Injected into a Bot Air Stream. NATO AGARD AG S/P2, 1952.
10. Patch R.W. Shock Tube Measurement of Dissociation on Rates of H2-J chem. J. Chem. Phys., 1962, vol. 36, no. 7, 6 p.