Volume 8, no. 4Pages 120 - 126
Optimal Control for a Mathematical Model of Nerve Impulse SpreadingN.A. Manakova, O.V. Gavrilova
The article concerns the matter of existence of optimal control for the mathematical model set forward by R. Fitzhugh and J.M. Nagumo for modelling of nerve impulse spreading. The model belongs to the group of diffusion-reaction models simulating a wide range of processes such as chemical reactions with diffusion and nerve impulse spreading. In case, that there is an asymptotical stability of the studied model, and under an assumption that the rate of variation of one component is greatly higher than the other one, the said model could be reduced to a problem of optimal control of a Sobolev type semi-linear equation with Showalter - Sidorov initial condition. The article contents a demonstration of the only weak generalized solution for the model under discussion with Showalter - Sidorov initial condition and optimal control existence. Full text
- Sobolev type equations; optimal control; diffusion-reaction equations.
- 1. Fitz Hugh R. Mathematical Models of Threshold Phenomena in the Nerve Membrane. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 1955, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 257-278.
2. Nagumo J., Arimoto S., Yoshizawa S. An Active Pulse Transmission Line Simulating Nerve Axon. Proceedings of the IRE, 1962, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2061-2070.
3. Bokareva T.A., Sviridyuk G.A. Whitney Folds of the Phase Spaces of Some Semilinear Equations of Sobolev Type. Mathematical Notes, 1994, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 237-242.
4. Sveshnikov A.G., Al'shin A.B., Korpusov M.O., Pletner Yu.D. Lineynye i nelineynye uravneniya sobolevskogo tipa [Linear and Nonlinear the Sobolev Type Equations]. Moscow, FIZMATLIT, 2007. 736 p. (in Russian)
5. Lions J.-L. Quelques m'erthodes de re'solution des probl'emes aux limites non lin'eaires. Paris, Dunod, 1968.
6. Sviridyuk G.A., Efremov A.A. Optimal Control of Sobolev Type Linear Equations with Relativity p-Sectorial Operators. Differential Equations, 1995, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 1882-1890.
7. Keller A.V., Sagadeeva M.A. [The Numerical Solution of Optimal and Hard Control for Nonstationary System of Leontiev Type]. Belgorod State University Scientific Bulletin. Mathematics, Physics, 2013, vol. 32, no. 19, pp. 57-66. (in Russian)
8. Sviridyuk G.A. [On the Solvability of Singular Systems of Ordinary Differential Equations]. Differentsial'nye Uravneniya [Differential Equations], 1987, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1637-1639. (in Russian)