Volume 9, no. 1Pages 114 - 122
Optimization of Nozzle Layout in Continuous Casting MachineD.S. Safonov, O.S. Logunova, D.V. Chistiakov
The article presents the results of the scientific research around development of mathamatical foundation for calculating optimal nozzle layout in secondary cooling zone of continuous casting machine and describes implementation of this foundation in specialized computer-aided design system. Optimization procedure is based on the 2-dimensional mathematical model of the thermal state of the slab, which accounts nozzle layout, and optimization criteria for the cross-cut thermal profile of the slab surface. Optimization problem solution consists of two basic blocks: solving thermal conductivity problem and iterative search of the nozzle positions that provide best solution from the point of proposed criteria. The results of running optimization procedure on input conditions based on existing casting machine showed that the obtained solution enables to provide smoother cross-surface thermal profile of the slab. Results of the work can be used for design of new continouous casting machines, modernization of the secondary cooling system of existing machines, and general numeric analisys of secondary cooling system operation for user-provided conditions. Full text
- thermal state simulation; nozzle layout optimization; secondary cooling zone; continuous casting machine.
- 1. Bulanov L.V., Korzunin L.G., Parfenov E.P., et. al. Mashiny nepreryvnogo lit'ya zagotovok. Teoriya i raschet [Continuous Casting Machine: Theory and Design]. Yekaterinburg, 2004. 320 p. (in Russian)
2. Evteev D.P., Kolybalov I.N. Nepreryvnoye lit'yo stali [Continuous Casting of Steel]. Moscow, 1984. 200 p. (in Russian)
3. Hardin, R., Liu, K., Beckermann, C., Kapoor, A. A Transient Simulation and dynamic Spray Cooling Control Model for Continuous Steel Casting. Metallurgical and materials transactions B, 2003, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 297-306.
4. Samoilovich, Y.A., Kruleveckiy S.L., Goryainov V.A., Kabakov Z.K. Teplovye processy pri nepreryvnom lit'ye stali [Heat Processes in Continuous Casting of Steel]. Moscow, 1982. 152 p. (in Russian)
5. Borisov V.Т. Teoriya dvuhfaznoi zony metallicheskogo slitka [Theory of the Two-Phase Zone of Metal Ignot]. Moscow, 1987. 222 p. (in Russian)
6. Meng, Y., Thomas, B. Heat transfer and solidification model of continuous slab casting: CON1D. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions, 2003. no. 5, pp. 685-705.
7. Meng, Y., Thomas, B. Simulation Using Realistic Spray Cooling for the Continuous Casting of Multicomponent Steel. Journal of Materials Science and Technology, 2002, vol. 18, pp. 123-128.
8. Vdovin K.N., Tochilkin V.V., Yachikov I.M. Nepreryvnaya razlivka stali: monografiya [Continuous Casting of Steel: Monography]. Magnitogorsk, 2012. 590 p. (in Russian)
9. Stolyarov A.M., Kazakov A.S. Vtorichnoye ohlazhdeniye nepreryvnolityh slyabov na krivolineynoy MNLZ s vertikal'nym uchastkom [Secondary Cooling of the Continuously Casted Slabs in Curvilinear CCM with Vertical Part]. Magnitogorsk, 2011. 116 p. (in Russian)
10. Logunova, O.S., Matsko, I.I, Posohov, I.A., Luk'ynov, S.I. Automatic System for Intelligent Support of Continuous Cast Billet Production Control Process. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology , 2014, vol. 74, no. 9-12, pp. 1407-1418.