Volume 11, no. 1Pages 75 - 83
Algorithm of Effective Transportation Work for Cargo TrafficM.V. Buyanov, A.I. Kibzun
We suggest a mathematical model that describes railway network. This model is applied to the problem of allocation locomotive for transportation of freight trains. The aim of the optimization is to minimize the size of active locomotive fleet by choosing trains and locomotives routes. An alternative formulation of the optimization problem is proposed with the usage of a heuristic objective function, which makes it possible to construct an effective decision algorithm. A new deterministic algorithm for suboptimal control is described. This algorithm is a modification of the previously proposed, based on the construction of routes tree for each locomotive and, subsequently, the choice of such a route, in which the maximum value of the given objective function is reached. Numerical experiments were carried out on the example of the historical data of the Moscow Railway. The analysis and comparison of the results are given. Full text
- graph theory; integer optimization; allocation of locomotives.
- 1. Azanov V.M., Buyanov M.V., Gaynanov D.N., Ivanov S.V. Algorithm and Software Development to Allocate Locomotives for Transportation of Freight Trains. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software, 2016, vol. 9, no 4, pp. 73-85. DOI: 10.14529/mmp160407
2. Buyanov M.V., Ivanov S.V., Kibzun A.I., Naumov A.V. Development of the Mathematical Model of Cargo Transportation Control on a Railway Network Segment Taking into Account Random Factors. Informatics and Applications, 2017, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 85-93. (in Russian)
3. Powell W.B., Bouzaiene-Ayari B., Lawrence C., Cheng C., Das S., Fiorillo R. Locomotive Planning at Norfolk Southern: An Optimizing Simulator Using Approximate Dynamic Programming. Interfaces, 2014, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 567-578. DOI: 10.1287/inte.2014.0741
4. Belyy O.V., Kokurin I.M. [Organization of Rail Freight: Ways Optimization]. Transport Rossiyskoy Federatsii, 2011, no. 4, pp. 28-30. (in Russian)
5. Kibzun A.I., Naumov A.V., Ivanov S.V. [Bilevel Optimization Problem for Railway Transport Hub Planning]. Upravlenie bol'shimi sistemami, 2012, no. 38, pp. 140-160. (in Russian)
6. Lazarev A.A., Musatova E.G. The Problem of Trains Formation and Scheduling: Integer Statements. Automation and Remote Control, 2013, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 2064-2068. DOI: 10.1134/S0005117913120084
7. Lazarev A.A., Musatova E.G., Gafarov E.R., Kvaratskheliya A.G. Teoriya raspisaniy. Zadachi zheleznodorozhnogo planirovaniya [Sheduling. Problems of Rail Planning]. Moscow, Institute of Control Science of Russian Academy of Science, 2012. (in Russian)
8. Cacchiani V., Galli L., Toth P. A Tutorial on Non-Periodic Train Timetabling and Platforming Problems. EURO Transport Logistics, 2015, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 285-320.