Volume 11, no. 4Pages 161 - 168
About Nonuniqueness of Solutions of the Showalter- Sidorov Problem for One Mathematical Model of Nerve Impulse Spread in MembraneN.А. Manakova, O.V. Gavrilova
The article is devoted to the study of the morphology of the phase space of a mathematical model of the nerve impulse spread in a membrane, based on a degenerate Fitz Hugh-Nagumo system, defined on a bounded domain with a smooth boundary. In this mathematical model, the rate of change of one of the components of the system can significantly exceed the other, which leads to a degenerate Fitz Hugh-Nagumo system. The model under inquiry belongs to a wide class of semilinear Sobolev type models. To research the problem of nonuniqueness of solutions of the Showalter-Sidorov problem, the phase space method will be used, which was developed by G.A. Sviridyuk to scrutinize the solvability of Sobolev type equations. We have shown that the phase space of the studied model contains singularity such as the Whitney fold. The conditions of existence, uniqueness or multiplicity of solutions of the Showalter-Sidorov problem depending on the parameters of the system are found. Full text
- Sobolev type equations; Showalter-Sidorov problem; Fitz Hugh-Nagumo system; nonuniqueness of the solution.
- 1. Fitz Hugh R. Mathematical Models of Threshold Phenomena in the Nerve Membrane. Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 1955, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 257-278.
2. Nagumo J., Arimoto S., Yoshizawa S. An Active Pulse Transmission Line Simulating Nerve Axon. Proceedings of the IRE, 1962, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 2061-2070.
3. Pesin Ya.B., Yurchenko A.A. Some Physical Models Described by the Reaction-Diffusion Equation, and Coupled Map Lattices. Russian Mathematical Surveys, 2004, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 481-513.
4. Glyzin S.D., Kolesov A.Yu., Rozov N.Kh. On a Modification of the FitzHugh-Nagumo Neuron Model. Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 2014, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 443-461. DOI: 10.1134/S0965542514030063
5. Manakova N.A., Gavrilova O.V. Optimal Control for a Mathematical Model of Nerve Impulse Spreading. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Compute Software, 2015, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 120-126. (in Russian) DOI: 10.14529/mmp150411
6. Gavrilova O.V. Start Control and Final Observation Problem for the Fitz Hugh-Nagumo System for the Dirichlet-Showalter-Sidorov Condition. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematics. Mechanics. Physics, 2018, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 12-18. (in Russian) DOI: 10.14529/mmph180302
7. Bokareva T.A., Sviridyuk G.A. Whitney Folds of the Phase Spaces of Some Semilinear Equations of Sobolev Type. Mathematical Notes, 1994, vol. 55, no. 3-4, pp. 237-242. DOI: 10.1007/BF02110776
8. Sviridyuk G.A. Phase Portraits of Sobolev-Type Semilinear Equations with a Relatively Strongly Sectorial Operator. St. Petersburg Mathematical Journal, 1995, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1109-1126.
9. Sviridyuk G.A., Kazak V.O. The Phase Space of a Generalized Model of Oskolkov. Siberian Mathematical Journal, 2003, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 877-882. DOI: 10.1023/A:1026080506657
10. Manakova N.A., Sviridyuk G.A. Nonclassical Equations of Mathematical Physics. Phase Space of Semilinear Sobolev Type Equations. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematics. Mechanics. Physics, 2016, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 31-51. (in Russian) DOI: 10.14529/mmph160304
11. Sviridyuk G.A. Quasistationary Trajectories of Semilinear Dynamical Equations of Sobolev Type. Russian Academy of Sciences. Izvestiya Mathematics, 1994, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 601-614.
12. Sviridyuk G.A., Zagrebina S.A. The Showalter-Sidorov Problem as a Phenomena of the Sobolev Type Equations. The Bulletin of Irkutsk State University. Series: Mathematics, 2010, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 104-125. (in Russian)
13. Sviridyuk G.A., Karamova A.F. On the Phase Space Fold of a Nonclassical Equation. Differential Equations, 2005, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1476-1481. DOI: 10.1007/s10625-005-0300-5
14. Gilmutdinova A.F. On Nonuniqueness of Solutions to the Showalter-Sidorov Problem for the Plotnikov Model. Vestnik of Samara University. Natural Science Series, 2007, no. 9, pp. 85-90. (in Russian)
15. Gajewski H., Groger K., Zacharias K. Nichtlineare Operatorgleichungen und Operatordifferentialgleichungen. Berlin, Akademie, 1974. (in German)