Volume 12, no. 4Pages 29 - 40
Cooperation in a Conflict of N Persons Under UncertaintyV.I. Zhukovskiy, K.N. Kudryavtsev, S.A. Shunailova, I.S. Stabulit
The paper considers a model of a conflict system with N active participants with their own interests when exposed to an uncertain factor. At the same time, decision-makers do not have any statistical information about the possible implementation of an uncertain factor i.e. they only know the many possible realizations of this factor - uncertainties. Under the assumption that the participants of to the conflict can coordinate their actions in the decision-making process the model is formalized as a cooperative N-person game without side payments and under uncertainty. In this paper, we introduce a new principle of coalitional equilibration (CE). The integration of individual and collective rationality (from theory of cooperative games without side payments) and this principle allows us to formalize the corresponding concept of CE for a conflict of N persons under uncertainty. At the same time, uncertainty is taken into account along with using the concept of the ''analogue of maximin'' proposed earlier in the our works and the "strong guarantees" constracted on its basis. Next, we establish sufficient conditions for existence of coalitional equilibrium, which are reduced to saddle point design for the Germeier convolution of guaranteed payoffs. Following the above-mentioned approach of E. Borel, J. von Neumann and J. Nash, we also prove existence of coalitional equilibrium in the class of mixed strategies under standard assumptions of mathematical game theory (compact uncertainties, compact strategy sets, and continuous payoff functions). At the end of the paper, some directions or further research are given.Full text
- cooperative game; uncertainty; Germeier convolution; game of guarantees.
- 1. Zhukovskiy V.I., Kudryavtsev K.N. Equilibrating Conflicts Under Uncertainty. Analogue of a Maximin. Mathematical Game Theory and Its Applications, 2013, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 3-45. (in Russian)
2. Zhukovskiy V.I. Kooperativnye igry pri neopredelennosti i ikh prilozheniya [Cooperative Games under Uncertainty and Their Applications]. Moscow, Editorial URSS, 1999. (in Russian)
3. Nash J. Non-Cooperative Games. The Annals of Mathematics, 1951, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 286-295. DOI: 10.2307/1969529
4. Nash J.F. Equillibrium Points in N-Person Games. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 1950, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 48-49. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.36.1.48
5. Zhukovskiy V.I., Kudryavtsev K.N. Mathematical Foundations of the Golden Rule. Static Case. Automation and Remote Control, 2017, vol. 78, no 10, pp. 1920-1940. DOI: 10.1134/S0005117917100149
6. Bel'skikh Yu.A., Zhukovskiy V.I., Samsonov S.P. Altruistic (Berge) Equilibrium in the Model of Bertrand Duopoly. The Bulletin of Udmurt University. Mathematics. Mechanics. Computer Science, 2016, vol. 26, no 1, pp. 27-45. DOI: 10.20537/vm160103 (in Russian)
7. Zhukovskiy V.I., Kudryavtsev K.N. Coalition Equilibrium in a Three-Person Game. Constructive Nonsmooth Analysis and Related Topics, 2017, vol. 1, pp. 1-4. DOI:10.1109/CNSA.2017.7974037
8. Kudryavtsev K.N., Zhukovskiy V.I. New Coalition Equilibrium under Uncertainty. CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2017, vol. 1987, pp. 350-355.
9. Zhukovskiy V.I., Kudryavtsev K.N. Pareto-Optimal Nash Equilibrium: Sufficient Conditions and Existence in Mixed Strategies. Automation and Remote Control, 2016, vol. 77, no 8, pp. 1500-1510. DOI: 10.1134/S0005117916080154
10. Germeier Yu.B. Vvedenie v teoriyu issledovaniya operatsii [Introduction to the Operations Research Theory]. Moscow, Nauka, 1971. (in Russian)
11. Borel E. Sur les systemes de formes lineaires a determinant symetrique gauche et la theorie generale du jeu. Comptes rendus de l'Academie des sciences, 1927, vol. 184, pp. 52-53. (in French)
12. Von Neumann J. Theory of Games and Economic Behavior. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1944.
13. Morozov V.V., Sukharev A.G., Fedorov V.V. Issledovanie operatsii v zadachakh i uprazhneniyakh [Operations Research in Problems and Exercises]. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 1986. (in Russian)
14. Dmitruk A.V. Vypuklyi analiz. Elementarnyi vvodnyi kurs [Convex Analysis. An Elementary Introduction]. Moscow, MAKSPRESS, 2012. (in Russian)
15. Vasin A.A., Krasnoshchekov P.S., Morozov V.V. Issledovanie operatsii [Operations Research]. Moscow, Akademiya, 2008. (in Russian)
16. Glicksberg I.L. A Further Generalization of the Kakutani Fixed Point Theorem, with Application to Nash Equilibrium Points. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. 1952, vol. 3, no 1, pp. 170-174. DOI: 10.2307/2032478