Volume 12, no. 4Pages 104 - 113
Diagnostics of Instant Decomposition of Solution in the Nonlinear Equation of Theory of Waves in SemiconductorsM.O. Korpusov, A.K. Matveeva, D.V. Lukyanenko
The paper considers a method for numerical diagnostics of the solution's blow-up in a nonlinear equation of the theory of waves in semiconductors. One feature of the problem under consideration is that there is not even a weak local solution to the problem in time on the positive half-line in spatial variable, while there exists a classical solution local in time in the spatial interval from 0 to L. We numerically show that the lifetime of the solution tends to zero as L tends to infinity. The numerical diagnostics of the solution's blow-up is based on the method of calculating a posterior asymptotically accurate estimate of the error of the obtained numerical solution according to the Richardson extrapolation method.Full text
- numerical diagnostics of instantaneous solution's blow-up.
- 1. Korpusov M.O., Lukyanenko D.V., Panin A.A., Yushkov E.V. Blow-Up for One Sobolev Problem: Theoretical Approach and Numerical Analysis. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 2016, vol. 442, no. 52, pp. 451-468.
2. Al'shin A.B., Kalitkin N.N., Koryakin P.V. Diagnostics of Singularities of Exact Solutions in Computations with Error Control. Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. 2005, vol. 45, no. 19, pp. 1769-1779.
3. Al'shin A.B., Al'shina E.A. Numerical Diagnosis of Blow-Up of Solutions of Pseudoparabolic Equations. Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 2008, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 143-162.
4. Hairer E., Wanner G. Solving of Ordinary Differential Equations. Stiff and Differential-Algebraic Problems. Berlin, Springer, 2002.
5. Kalitkin N.N. [Numerical Methods for Solving Stiff Systems]. Matematicheskoye modelirovanie, 1995, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 8-11. (in Russian)
6. Kalitkin N.N., Al'shin A.B., Al'shina E.A., Rogov B.V. Vychisleniya na kvaziodnorodnykh setkakh [Computations on Quasi-Uniform Grids]. Moscow, Fizmatlit. 2005. (in Russian)
7. Al'shinn A.B., Al'shina E.A., Kalitkin N.N., Koryagina A.B. Rosenbrock Schemes with Complex Coefficients for Stiff and Differential Algebraic Systems. Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 2006, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 1320-1340.
8. Korpusov M.O., Lukyanenko D.V., Panin A.A., Yushkov E.V. Blow-Up Phenomena in the Model of a Space Charge Stratification in Semiconductors: Analytical and Numerical Analysis. Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 2017, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 2336-2346.
9. Luk'yanenko D.V., Panin A.A. [Destruction of the Solution of the Space Charge Stratification Equation in Semiconductors: Numerical Analysis when Reducing the Initial Equation to a Differential-Algebraic System]. Computational Methods and Programming: New Computing Technologies, 2016, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 437-446. (in Russian)
10. Korpusov M.O., LukyanenkoD.V., Ovsyannikov E.A., PaninA.A. Local Solvability and Decay of the Solution of an Equation with Quadratic Noncoercive Nonlineatity. Bulletin of the South Ural State University, Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software, 2017, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 107-123.
11. Korpusov M.O., Lukyanenko D.V. Instantaneous Blow-Up Versus Local Solvability for One Problem of Propagation of Nonlinear Waves in Semiconductors. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 2018, vol. 459, no. 1, pp. 159-181.
12. Korpusov M.O., Lukyanenko D.V., Panin A.A., Shlyapugin G.I. On the Blow-Up Phenomena for a One-Dimensional Equation of Ion-Sound Waves in a Plasma: Analytical and Numerical Investigation. Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 2018, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 2906-2929.
13. Korpusov M.O., Lukyanenko D.V., Panin A.A., Yushkov E.V. On the Blow-Up of Solutions of a Full Non-Linear Equation That Describes Ion-Sound Waves in Plasma with Non-Coercive Non-Linearities. Izvestiya. Mathematics, 2018, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 283-317.
14. Korpusov M.O., Lukyanenko D.V., Nekrasov A.D. Analytic-Numerical Investigation of Combustion in a Nonlinear Medium. Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, 2018, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 1499-1509.