Volume 13, no. 2Pages 136 - 143
Model of Optimization of Average Flow Speed in a PipeN.S. Goncharov
We study the optimization model for dual beam ultrasonic flowmeter in terms of receiving an accurate estimation of the mean flow velocity over the cross-section of the pipe. According to the task of conditional optimization, a new method in finding quantitative characteristics (the mean flow velocity of turbulent fluid along the pipeline and the mean flow velocities along each acoustic path) and the weight coefficients vector of the model under consideration has been developed. Based on the finite element method, an algorithm is constructed for a numerical method for solving the problem. The results of computational experiments on the distribution of the velocity of a turbulent fluid flow are presented. The velocity plots and its profile on experimental data are found.Full text
- 2-beam ultrasonic flowmeter; CFD modeling; turbulent fluid flow.
- 1. Xiaoyu Tang, Xiang Xie, Hongjian Zhang, Hongliang Zhou. Data Integration for Multi-Path Ultrasonic Flowmeter Based on Levenberg-Marquardt Algorithm. Science Measurement and Technology, 2005, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 1-12.
2. Baidakova N.V. Lower Estimates for the Error of Approximation of Derivatives for Composite Finite Elements with Smoothness Properties. Proceedings of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics, 2015, vol. 288, no. 1, pp. 29-39.
3. Baker R.C. Flow Measurement Handbook: Industrial Designs, Operating Principles, Performance, and Applications. N.Y., Cambridge University Press, 2000.
4. Madsen K., Nielsen H.B., Tingleff O. Methods for Non-Linear Least Squares Problems. Denmark, DTU, 2004.
5. Сiarle F. The Finite Element Method for Elliptic Problems. Philadelphia, North Holland, 1978.