Volume 14, no. 4Pages 112 - 119
Parametric Analysis of Mass and Size Characteristics of a Small Performance Air Separation UnitM.I. Slyusarev, A.V. Kozlov, A.V. Ryazhskih, D.A. Konovalov
A study was conducted to reduce the mass and size characteristics of the small performance air separation unit. Based on the structural analysis of cryogenic air separation units, elements that critically affect the mass and dimensions of the gas production station have been identified. Based on the dynamic model of the rectification process using the MatLab/Simulink computing environment, the static characteristics of the column in the nitrogen production mode were determined by the relaxation method. The computational experiment established the conditions for the hydrodynamically stable operation of the rectification trays. Parametric analysis of static characteristics revealed the possibility of reducing the height of the distillation apparatus. It is shown that on the basis of the developed tools, structural rationalization of the studied technical object is possible without changing the structure of the mathematical model.Full text
- mathematical modelling; dynamic model; parametric analysis; air rectification; nitrogen production column.
- 1. Yoon S.Y., Choi B.S., Ahn J.H., Kim T.S. Improvement of Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle Performance Using Nitrogen from the Air Separation Unit as Turbine Coolant. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2019, no. 151, pp. 163-175.
2. Fu Y., Liu X. Nonlinear Dynamic Behaviors and Control Based on Simulation of High-Purity Heat Integrated Air Separation Column. ISA Transactions, 2015, no. 55, pp. 145-153.
3. Dominic S., Shardt Y.A.W., Ding S.X. Economic Performance Indicator Based Optimization for the Air Separation Unit Compressor Trains. IFAC-PapersOnLine 48 21, 2015, pp. 858-863.
4. Zhu G.Y., Henson M.A., Megan L. Low-Order Dynamic Modeling of Cryogenic Distillation Columns Based on Nonlinear Wave Phenomenon. Separation and Purification Technology, 2001, no. 24, pp. 467-487.
5. Green D.W., Southard M.Z. Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook. New York, McGraw Hill Education, 2018.
6. Kister H.Z. Distillation Design. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1992.
7. Skogestad S. Dynamics and Control of Distillation Columns - a Critical Survey. Modeling, Indentification and Control, 1997, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 177-217.
8. Ryazhskikh V.I., Kokarev A.M., Slyusarev M.I. Operation Stabilization of the Low Productivity Air Separation Unit in Nitrogen Mode. Transactions of Academenergo, 2019, no. 3, pp. 52-70. (in Russian)
9. Ryazhskikh V.I., Kokarev A.M., Slyusarev M.I. Static Functioning of a High-Pressure Distillation Column in a Nitrogen-Producing Air Separation Units. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research. 2019, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 3269-3274.
10. Grigoriev V.A., Krokhin Yu.I. Teplo- i massoobmennye apparaty kriogennoy techniki [Heat and mass transfer devices of cryogenic equipment]. Moscow, Energoizdat, 1982. (in Russian)