Volume 15, no. 2Pages 56 - 69
Comparative Analysis of Software Implementation Efficiency of the Semi-Analytical Methods for Calculating Wave Fields in Multilayer Anisotropic CompositesE.V. Glushkov, N.V. Glushkova, M.V. Vareldzhan
We construct a numerical model of the excitation and propagation of traveling elastic waves in multilayer anisotropic plates. The algorithms implemented in the software package are based on explicit integral representations of the solution to the corresponding boundary value problems and the asymptotic representations derived from them for the zone farthest from the source. In the near-field zone, including under the source, the amplitude-frequency characteristics of a wave field are obtained by the numerical integrating of the improper path integrals. Three approaches to the calculation of wave fields are considered; a comparative analysis of their effectiveness is conducted based on numerical examples.Full text
- layered composites; normal modes; integral and asymptotic representations of wave fields; low-cost algorythms.
- 1. Mitra M., Gopalakrishnan S. Guided Wave Based Structural Health Monitoring: a Review. Smart Materials and Structures, 2016, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1-27. DOI: 10.1088/0964-1726/25/5/053001
2. Vorovich I.I., Babeshko V.A. Dinamicheskie smeshannye zadachi teorii uprugosti dlya neklassicheskikh oblastej [Dynamic Mixed Problems of Elasticity for Nonclassical Domains]. Moscow, Nauka, 1979. (in Russian)
3. Babeshko V.A., Glushkov E.V., Zinchenko J.F. Dinamika neodnorodnyh linejno-uprugih sred [Dynamics of Inhomogeneous Linearly Elastic Media]. Moscow, Nauka, 1989. (in Russian)
4. Glushkova N.V. Determination and Accounting for Singular Terms in the Problems of Elasticity. PhD thesis, Krasnodar, 2010. (in Russian)
5. Glushkov E.V., Glushkova N.V., Fomenko S.I., Eremin A.A., Novikov O.I. Software Package Waves-L for Simulation and Visualization of Wave Processes in an Elastic Layer. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software, 2019, vol. 12, no. 1, p. 110-121. DOI: 10.14529/mmp190109
6. Glushkov Ye.V., Glushkova N.V., Krivonos A.S. The Excitation and Propagation of Elastic Waves in Multilayered Anisotropic Composites. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 2010, vol. 74, pp. 297-305. DOI: 10.1016/j.jappmathmech.2010.07.005
7. Glushkov E., Glushkova N., Eremin A. Forced Wave Propagation and Energy Distribution in Anisotropic Laminate Composites. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 2011, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 2923-2934. DOI: 10.1121/1.3559699
8. Glushkov E., Glushkova N., Eremin A. Efficient Mathematical Representations for Computing the Forced Wave Dynamics of Anisotropic Laminated Composites. CEAS Aeronautical Journal, 2013, vol. 4, no. 1, p. 11-19. DOI: 10.1007/s13272-013-0064-1
9. Christensen R.M. Mechanics of Composite Materials. N.Y., Wiley-Interscience, 1979.
10. Raghavan A., Cesnik C.E.S. Finite-Dimensional Piezoelectric Transducer Modeling for Guided Wave Based Structural Health Monitoring. Smart Materials Structures, 2005, vol. 14, no 6. pp. 1448-1461. DOI: 10.1088/0964-1726/14/6/037
11. Bateman H., Erd'elyi A. Higher Transcendental Functions. N.Y., Toronto London, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1953.
12. Fedoryuk M. V. Metod perevala [Saddle-Point Method]. Moscow, Nauka, 1977. (in Russian)