Volume 6, no. 4 Pages 63 - 72
Some Inverse Problems for Mathematical Models of Heat and Mass TransferS.G. Pyatkov, A.G. Borichevskaya
In the article we consider well-posedness questions of inverse problems for mathematical models of heat and mass transfer. We recover a solution of a parabolic equation of the second order and a coefficient in this equation characterizing parameters of a medium and belonging to the kernel of a differential operator of the first order with the use of data of the first boundary value problem and the additional Neumann condition on the lateral boundary of a cylinder (thereby we have the Cauchy data on the lateral boundary of a cylinder). An unknown coefficient can occur in the main part of the equation. A solution is sought in a Sobolev space with sufficiently large summability exponent and an unknown coefficient in the class of continuous functions. The problem is shown to have a unique stable solution locally in time. Full text
- inverse problem; heat and mass transfer; boundary value problem; parabolic equation; well-posedness; diffusion.
- 1. Kozhanov A.I. Nonlinear Loaded Equations and Inverse Problems. Zhurn. Vychisl. Matem. i Matem. Phiziki [Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics], 2004, vol. 414, no. 4, pp. 722-744.
2. Tryanin A.P. Determination of Heat-Transfer Coefficients at the Inlet into a Porous Body and Inside it by Solving the Inverse Problem. Inzhenerno-Fizichecheski Zhurnal, 1987. vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 469-475.
3. Shidrar A. An Inverse Heat Conduction Problem. South. Asien Bull. of Math., 2002, vol. 26, pp. 503-507.
4. Belov Ya.Ya. Inverse Problems for Parabolic Equations. Utrecht, VSP, 2002. 211 p.
5. Pyatkov S.G., Tsybikov B.N. On some classes of inverse problems for parabolic and elliptic equations. J. Evol. Equat., 2011, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 155-186.
6. Pyatkov S.G. On Some Classes of Inverse Problems for Parabolic Equations. J. Inv. Ill-Posed problems, 2011, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 917-934.
7. Pyatkov S.G., Samkov M.L. On Some Classes of Coefficient Inverse Problems for Parabolic Systems of Equations. Sib Adv. in Math., 2012, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 287-302.
8. Ivanchov M. Inverse Problems for Equation of Parabolic Type. Lviv, WNTL Publishers, 2003. 240 p.
9. Isakov V. Inverse Problems for Partial Differential Equations. Berlin, Springer-Verlag, 2006. 346 p.
10. Ramm A.G. Inverse Problems. Mathematical and Analytical Techniques with Applications to Engineering. Boston, Springer Science, Business Media, Inc., 2005. 442 p.
11. Isakov V. Inverse Source Problems. Providence, Rhode Island, AMS, 1990. 193 p.
12. Prilepko A.I., Orlovsky D.G., Vasin, I.A. Methods for Solving Inverse Problems in Mathematical Physics. N.Y., Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1999. 709 p.
13. Kabanikhin S.I. Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems. Berlin, Boston, De Gruyter, 2012. 459 p.
14. Borichevskaya, A.G. On an Inverse Problem for a Parabolic Equation with the Cauchy Data on the Lateral Boundary of a Cylinder [Ob odnoi obratnoi zadache dlya parabolicheskogo uravneniya s dannymi Koshi na bokovoi poverkhnosti tsilindra]. Proceedings of the international conference 'Differential Equations and Related Problems'. Sterlitamak, 2013. pp. 52-57.
15. Triebel H. Interpolation Theory. Function Spaces. Differential Operators. Berlin, VEB Deutscher Verlag der Wissenschaften, 1978. 528 p.
16. Ladyzhenskaya O.A., Sollonnikov V.A., Ural'tseva N.N. Lineinye i kvazilineinye uravneniya parabollicheskogo tipa [Linear and Quasilinear Equations of Parabolic Type], Moscow, Nauka, 1967, 736 p.
17. Pyatkov S.G., Borichevskaya A.G. On an Inverse Problem for a Parabolic Equation with the Cauchy Data on the Lateral Boundary of a Cylinder [Ob odnoi obratnoi zadache dlya parabolicheskogo uravneniya s dannymi Koshi na bokovoi poverkhnosti tsilindra]. Neklassicheskie Uravneniya Matematicheskoi Fiziki [Nonclassical Equations of Mathematical Physics], Novosibirsk, Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, 2012, pp. 187-196.
18. Grisvard, P. Equations Differentialles Abstraites. Ann. Scient. Ec. Norm. Super., 1969, series 4, vol. 2, pp. 311-395.