Volume 11, no. 4Pages 94 - 109
Linearization of Differential Algebraic Equations with Integral Terms and Their Application to the Thermal Energy ModellingE.V. Chistyakova, V.F. Chistyakov, A.A. Levin
Modelling of various natural and technical processes often results in systems that comprise ordinary differential equations and algebraic equations This paper studies systems of quasi-linear integral-differential equations with a singular matrix multiplying the higher derivative of the desired vector-function. Such systems can be treated as differential algebraic equations perturbed by the Volterra operators. We obtained solvability conditions for such systems and their initial problems and consider possible ways of linearization for them on the basis of the Newton method. Applications that arise in the area of thermal engineering are discussed and as an example we consider a hydraulic circuit presented as a system comprising an interconnected set of discrete components that transport liquid. Numerical experiments that employed the implicit Euler scheme showed that the mathematical model of the straight-through boiler with a turbine and a regeneration system has a solution and this solution tends to the stationary mode preset by regulators. Full text
- differential algebraic equations; Fredholm operator; Volterra operator; initial problem; consistency problem; index.
- 1. Reich S. Differential-Algebraic Equations and Applications in Circuit Theory. Universitat Potsdam, 1992.
2. Eich-Soellner E., Fuhrer C. Numerical Methods in Multibody Systems. Stuttgart, Teubner, 1998. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-663-09828-7
3. Balyshev O.A., Tairov E.A. Analis perehodnyh i stacionarnyh processov v truboprovodnyh sistemah [Analysis of Transient and Steady-State Processes in Pipeline Systems]. Novosibirsk, Nauka, 1999. (in Russian)
4. Vlach J., Singhal K. Computer Methods for Circuit Analysis and Design. N.Y., Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1983.
5. Sviridyuk G.A., Fedorov V.E. Linear Sobolev Type Equations and Degenerate Semigroups of Operators. Utrecht, Boston, Koln, Tokyo, VSP, 2003. DOI: 10.1515/9783110915501
6. Brenan K.E., Campbell S.L., Petzold L.R. Numerical Solution of Initial-Value Problems in Differential Algebraic Equations. Philadelphia, SIAM Publications, 1996.
7. Boyarintsev Yu.E., Chistyakov V.F. Algebro-differencialnye sistemy. Metody resheniya i issledovaniya [Algebraic Differential Systems. Methods for Investigation and Solution]. Novosibirsk, Nauka, 1998. (in Russian)
8. Lamour R., Marz R., Tischendorf C. Differential-Algebraic Equations: a Projector Based Analysis. Berlin, Springer, 2013. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-27555-5
9. Luzin N.N. On the Study of the Matrix Theory of Differential Equations. Avtomatika i Telemekhanika, 1940, no. 5, pp. 4-66. (in Russian)
10. Chistyakov V.F. Algebro-differentsialnye operatory s konechnomernym yadrom [Algebraic Differential Operators with a Finite-Dimensional Kernel]. Novosibirsk, Nauka, 1996. (in Russian)
11. Mehrmann V., Shi C. Transformation of High Order Linear Differential-Algebraic Systems to First Order. Numerical Algorithms, 2006, no. 42, pp. 281-307. DOI: 10.1007/s11075-006-9030-x
12. Chistyakov V.F., Chistyakova E.V. Linear Differential-Algebraic Equations Perturbed by Volterra Integral Operators. Differential Equations, 2017, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 1-14. DOI: 10.1134/S0012266117100044
13. Bulatov M.V., Chistyakov V.F. A Method for Solving Linear Singular Systems of DAEs with Index Higher than One. Chislennye metody analiza i ikh prilozheniya [Numerical Analysis Methods and Their Applications], Irkutsk, 1987, pp. 100-105. (in Russian)
14. Krasnov M.L. Integralnye uravneniya: vvedenie v teoriyu [Integral Equations: Introduction to the Theory]. Moscow, Nauka, 1975. (in Russian)
15. Pazii N.D. Local Analytical Classification of the Sobolev Type Equations. PhD Thesis. Chelyabinsk, 1999. (in Russian)
16. Merenkov A.P., Hasilev V.Ya. Teoriya gidravlicheskikh tsepey [Theory of Hydraulic Circuits]. Moscow, Nauka, 1985. (in Russian)
17. Chistyakov V.F. Linearization of Singular Systems of Quasi-Linear Ordinary Differential Equations. Priblizhennye metody resheniya operatornykh uravnenij i ikh prilozheniya [Approximare Methods for Solving Operator Equations and Their Applications], Irkutsk, 1982, pp. 146-157. (in Russian)
18. Chistyakov V.F. The Connection Between the Matrix Pencil and the Existence of a Solution to an Implicit System of ODEs. Metody optimizacii i issledovaniya operacij [Methods for Optimization and Operational Research], Irkutsk, 1982, pp. 194-202.
19. Chistyakova E.V., Chistyakov V.F. On the Solvability of Degenerate Systems of General Quasilinear Integro-Differential Equations. Computational Technologies, 2011, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 100-114.
20. Chistyakova E.V., Nguyen Duc Bang. Investigation of the Unsteady-State Hydraulic Networks by Means of Singular Systems of Integral Differential Equations. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software, 2016, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 59-72. DOI: 10.14529/mmp160105
21. Levin A.A., Chistyakov V.F., Tairov E.A. On Application of the Structure of the Nonlinear Equations System, Describing Hydraulic Circuits of Power Plants. Bulletin of the South Ural State University. Series: Mathematical Modelling, Programming and Computer Software, 2016, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 53-62. DOI: 10.14529/mmp160405