Volume 12, no. 1Pages 110 - 121
Software Package WAVES-L for Simulation and Visualization of Wave Processes in an Elastic LayerE.V. Glushkov, N.V. Glushkova, S.I. Fomenko, A.A. Eremin, A.A. Evdokimov, O.I. Novikov
The software package WAVES-L is intended for fast and interactive simulation of wavefields generated by a prescribed surface load in an elastic layer with three possible types of boundary conditions at the waveguide's bottom surface is considered. The algorithms Full text
realized in the programme are based on the explicit integral representations of the source-induced wavefields and corresponding asymptotic expansions for the guided waves propagating from the source to infinity. In the nearfield, including the points beneath the loading area, the amplitude-frequency characteristics of the total wavefield are computed using the numerical integration of improper contour integrals. The calculation of dispersion curves characteristics and eigenforms of guided waves is realized as well. WAVES-L is supplied with a user-friendly interface, which supports convenient change of the input parameters and provides demonstrative visualization of wavefield dependencies on frequency and spatial variables. The software package has a potential application in ultrasonic non-destructive testing and structural health monitoring of thin-walled engineering constructions. It can also be used in education, within the framework of laboratory classes in the corresponding specialization. The article presents examples of screenshots and graphs of experimental validation of the calculated results.
- elastic layer; normal modes; integral and asymptotic representation of wavefields; graphical user interface.
- 1. Giurgiutiu V. Structural Health Monitoring with Piezoelectric Wafer Active Sensors. N.Y., Academic Press, 2014.
2. Lammering R., Gabbert U., Sinapius M., Schuster T., Wierach P. Lamb-Wave Based Structural Health Monitoring in Polymer Composites. Cham, Springer, 2018. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-49715-0
3. Michaelsm J.E. Detection, Localization and Characterization of Damage in Plates with an in Situ Array of Spatially Distributed Ultrasonic Sensors. Smart Materials and Structures, 2008, vol. 17, pp. 1-15.
4. Perov D.V., Rinkevich A.B. Localization of Reflectors in Plates by Ultrasonic Testing with Lamb Waves. Russian Journal of Nondestructive Testing, 2017, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 265-278. DOI: 10.1134/S1061830917040064
5. Vorovich I.I., Babeshko V.A. Dinamicheskie smeshannye zadachi teorii uprugosti dlya neklassicheskikh oblastej [Dynamical Mixed Problems of Elasticity for Nonclassical Domains]. Moscow, Nauka, 1979. (in Russian)
6. Grinchenko V.T., Meleshko V.V. Garmonicheskie kolebaniya i volny v uprugikh telakh [Harmonic Oscillations and Waves in Elastic Solids]. Kiev, Nauka, 1981. (in Russian)
7. Glushkov Ye.V., Glushkova N.V., Krivonos A.S. The Excitation and Propagation of Elastic Waves in Multilayered Anisotropic Composites. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 2010, vol. 74, pp. 297-305. DOI: 10.1016/j.jappmathmech.2010.07.005
8. Glushkov E., Glushkova N., Lammering R., Eremin A., Neumann M.-N. Lamb Wave Excitation and Propagation in Elastic Plates with Surface Obstacles: Proper Choice of Central Frequencies. Smart Materials and Structures, 2011, vol. 20, no. 015020, pp. 1-11. DOI: 10.1088/0964-1726/20/1/015020
9. Glushkov E., Glushkova N., Eremin A. Forced Wave Propagation and Energy Distribution in Anisotropic Laminate Composites. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 2011, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 2923-2934. DOI: 10.1121/1.3559699
10. Glushkov E.V., Glushkova N.V., Fomenko S.I. Influence of Porosity on Characteristics of Rayleigh Type Waves in Multilayered Half-Space. Acoustical Physics, 2011, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 230-240. DOI: 10.1134/S1063771011020059
11. Glushkov E.V., Glushkova N.V., Fomenko S.I., Zhang C. Surface Waves in Materials with Functionally Gradient Coatings. Acoustical Physics, 2012, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 339-353. DOI: 10.1134/S1063771012010095
12. Glushkov E., Glushkova N., Eremin A., Lammering R. Group Velocity of Cylindrical Guided Waves in Anisotropic Laminate Composites. Journal of Acoustical Society of America, 2014, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 148-154. DOI: 10.1121/1.4829534
13. Sveshnikov A.G. Princip predel'nogo pogloshcheniya dlya volnovoda [Principle of Limit Absorption for Waveguides]. DAN SSSR [Reports of the USSR Academy of Science], 1951, vol. 78, no 3. (in Russian)
14. Glushkova N.V. Determination and Accounting for Singular Terms in Problems of the Theory of Elasticity: D.Sc. Thesis. Krasnodar, 2010. (in Russian)
15. Chapman, S.J. MATLAB Programming for Engineers. Toronto, Cengage Learning, 2016.
16. Alleyne D. A Two-Dimensional Fourier Transform Method for the Measurement of Propagating Multimode Signals. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 1991, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 1159-1168. DOI: 10.1121/1.400530