Volume 14, no. 2Pages 27 - 38
Modelling the Magnetic Field Generation Modes in the Low-Mode Model of the αΩ-Dynamo With Varying Intensity of the α-EffectO.V. Sheremetyeva, A.N. Godomskaya
In the framework of the αΩ-dynamo model a magnetohydrodynamic system (MHD-system) with an included additive correction of the α-effect intensity in the form of a function Z(t) is considered. The variation of the α-effect intensity with time is determined by the exponential kernel J(t) of the function Z(t). A preliminary analysis of the changes influence in the values of the mass density of external forces and the α-effect intensity on the values of the magnetic field and the velocity field is carried out. To simplify the numerical model, the MHD-system was rescaled and the time of the magnetic field dissipation, which is of the order of 10^4 years, was taken as a unit of time. The time unit choice is determined by the need to study the magnetic field modes on a large time scales. In order to reduce the number of variable parameters, the MHD-system was made dimensionless so that the control parameters are the Reynolds number, which carries information about the large-scale generator, and the amplitude of the α-effect, which characterizes the turbulent generator. The results of numerical simulation of the modes of magnetic field generation are displayed on the phase plane of the control parameters. The question of the dynamics of the change in the pattern on the phase plane depending on the waiting time determined by the scale factor of the exponential kernel J(t) of the function Z(t) is investigated.Full text
- αΩ-dynamo; magnetohydrodynamic system; modes of magnetic field generation; reversal.
- 1. Merril R.T., McElhinny M.W., McFadden P.L. The Magnetic Field of the Earth: Paleomagnetism, the Core, and the Deep Mantle. London, Academic Press, 1996.
2. Steenbek M., Krause F. Zur dynamotheorie stellarer and planetarer magnetfelder. Berechnunug sonnenahnlicher wechselfeldgeneratoren. Astronomische Nachrichten, 1969, no. 291, pp. 49-84. (in German)
3. Zeldovich Ya.B., Rusmaikin A.A., Sokoloff D.D. Magnetic Fields in Astrophysics. The Fluid Mechanics of Astrophysics and Geophysics. New York, Gordon and Breach, 1983.
4. Vodinchar G.M., Feshenko L.K. [Reversals in the 6-Cells Convection Driven]. Bulletin KRASEC. Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 2015, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 41-50. (in Russian) DOI: 10.18454/2313-0156-2015-11-2-41-50
5. Gledzer E.B., Dolzhanskiy F.V., Obukhov A.M. Sistemy gidrodinamicheskogo tipa i ikh primenenie [Hydrodynamic Type Systems and Their Application]. Moscow, Nauka, 1981. (in Russian)
6. Parker E.N. Hydromagnetic Dynamo Models. The Astrophysical Journal, 1955, no. 122, pp. 293-314.
7. Krause F., Raedler K.-H. Mean-Filed Magnetohydrodynamics and Dynamo Theory. Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1980.
8. Steenbek M., Krause F., Raedler K.-H. Berechnung der mittlerer lorentz-field starke V B f"ur ein elektrisch leitendes medium in turbulenter, durch Coriolis-Kr"afte beenflusster bewegung. Zeitschrift fur Naturforschung, 1996, no. 21, pp. 369-376. (in German)
9. Vodinchar G.M [Using Modes of Free Oscillation of a Rotating Viscous Fluid in the Large-Scale Dinamo]. Bulletin KRASEC. Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 2013, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 33-42. (in Russian) DOI: 10.18454/2079-6641-2013-7-2-33-42
10. Godomskaya A.N., Sheremetyeva O.V. Reversals in the Low-Mode Model Dynamo with alphaOmega-Generator. E3S Web of Conferences, 2018, vol. 62, 6 p. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/20186202016.
11. Godomskaya A.N., Sheremetyeva O.V. Modes of Magnetic Field Generation in Models of a alphaOmega-dynamo with a Power Type alpha-generator. E3S Web of Conferences, 2019, vol. 127, article ID: 02023, 7 p. DOI: 10.1051/e3sconf/201912702016
12. Godomskaya A.N., Sheremetyeva O.V. [Dependence of the Magnetic Field Generation in the Model of a alphaOmega-Dynamo on the Generator Intensity of a Power Type]. Bulletin KRASEC. Physical and Mathematical Sciences, 2019, vol. 29, no 4, pp. 58-66. (in Russian) DOI: 9.26107/2079-6641-2019-29-4-58-66